West Virginians can explore online articles and images from popular magazines, scholarly journals, current newspapers, and other reference works through this site or through their public library website. You will be asked to enter a username and password to continue. We encourage you to contact your public library to access these resources. Click here to find your local public library.
Online alternative consumer health information.
Online business-focused magazines and company profiles. View online tutorial.
Online health-focused fact sheets and diagrams, drug information, procedure explanation. View online tutorial.
For pre-kindergarten to 5th grade students. Online articles from magazines and newspapers.
For all-ages. General interest magazines, books, primary source documents, images, videos, and newspapers. View online tutorial.
For 5th-12th grade students. Articles from magazines, books, primary source documents, images, videos, and newspapers.
Online government and general-interest titles. Contains articles on green building, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, and more.
Online general consumer health information.
Academic focused health information. Also, contains the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide.
Online up-to-date employment directory, resume and cover letter creator, and computer skill tutorials.
Online academic and career practice tests. Areas covered include SAT preparation courses, SAT practice exams, civil service, cosmetology, EMS, firefighter, GED, law enforcement, military, postal services, real estate, U.S. citizenship, and more.
An index to journals, books, research reports, and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more.
Online tutorials for databases and web applications, like Gmail, Pinterest, and more.
Online tool to help readers of all ages find new books to read based on books they’ve already read or topics in which they are interested.
Find just the right book by subject, age, awards won, Lexile Reading levels, State standards; even books made into movies, and much more. Read reviews and learn about the author.
Middle school through college undergraduate and General user. Features information and opinions on hundreds of today’s hottest social issues. Continuously updated pro/con viewpoint essays, topic overviews, primary source documents, biographies, court-case overviews, periodical articles, tables/charts/graphs, and more. View online tutorial.
Incorporates regional business magazines covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
Explores social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries, and other popular topics; includes controversial opinions and viewpoints.
- World Book Encyclopedia – Reliable information for homework, reorts, or general questions.
- World Book Kids – For elementary users. Includes lesson plans, science activities, comparable animal and geography features, interactive maps, challenging games, and biographies.
- World Book Student – Content for upper-elementary and middle-grade users. Includes resources where users can save, notate, and organize articles, biographies, and other content.
- World Book Advanced – Specifically organized for high school and pre-college users. Contains all of the resources of World Book Student plus primary source materials.
- World Book Discover
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
- Early World Of Learning, World Book eBooks, and World Book Timelines.